The MACAP CPS (Constant Pressure System) automatic espresso tamper is an innovation designed to streamline espresso production by conforming all users to utilize the same tamp pressure. Using a lever, this tamper applies uniform and level pressure to the ground espresso in a group handle. The result is a predictable and consistent extraction; a leap forward in simplifying traditional espresso preparation.
- Measurements: 16″ H x 6.5″ W x 8.25″ D (40.5 cm H x 16.5 cm W x 21 cm D).
- Weight: 8.4 pounds (3.7 kilograms).
- Constant dynamic pressure: 55 pounds (25 kilograms)per manufacturer spec’s.
- Tamper diameter plates: (1) 51 mm, (1) 57.5 mm.
- CE listed.
- Made in Venice, Italy.
- This tamper is not made for tamping in rapid succession. In other words, if you want to double (or triple) tamp in succession in the same portafilter, you will need raise the tamper handle to the top position before re-tamping.
- This tamper may arrive with a little excess grease around the mechanism or surrounding portion of the bag. It can be wiped with a dry cloth upon receipt and will not have any impact on the operation of the grinder.
- Concept Art bases can screw onto this tamper. It leaves a gap but it is a secure fit.
- The tamping pressure is adjustable, but there are no instructions included, nor provided. In addition, there is no way to determine the exact pressure to adjust to.