Bezzera Matrix DE V2 Dual Boiler Triple PID Espresso Machine
The Bezzera Matrix MN glowed (quite literally) at HOST Milan 2017. Every attendee, including us, were drawn to this illuminated machine like moths. We very quickly realized upon talking directly with Bezzera that there is more than meets the eye with this dual boiler machine. Along with a durability that is inherent in Bezzera machines, the Matrix has been thoughtfully developed with user functionality as a key focus as well as its attractive design. If you need a machine to entertain with two different PID’s, look no further!
PID Touch Display
- pre-infusion, priority heat up between boilers
- auto on/off settings
- switch between direct plumb and reservoir
- automatic backflush program
- maintenance reminders
- selection of language
Illuminated LED Body Panels
- durable plexiglass
- Colors can be customized on the touch display
Independently Controlled Boilers
- Two separate PID’s control the thermostats for the .45 L coffee boiler and 1L water/steam boiler.
- 3.5″ touch display.
- The E61 grouphead ensures consistent water stability.
Multi-Directional Steam and Hot Water Wand
- Allows for more flexibility. Joystick controls for steam and hot water wands give instant on/off operation as opposed to knobs that you must turn clockwise / counter-clockwise.
- Each has a rubber cover to prevent fingers from burning.
- Less plastic is always a bonus in our eyes. The Matrix is designed with wooden handles on not only the portafilter but the joysticks and lever as well.
Three Way Solenoid Valve
- Allows quick removal of portafilter after espresso extraction by relieving the pressure built up in the grouphead. The result is a dry puck of coffee you can easily knock out of the portafilter.
Rotary Vane Pump and Motor
- Produces a quieter extraction than a vibratory vane pump. Situated underneath tank/reservoir, so adjustments can be made from underneath the espresso machine.
Very Large Water Tank
- A 4 L water reservoir means fewer refills for higher volume use. Electronic sensors detect low water levels and indicate it on the touch display. Refilling occurs from the top of the machine by lifting up the lid on hinges.
Passive Cup Warmer
- Able to hold up to six cappuccino cups and passively warm them to ensure coffee remains hot.
Automatic Water Refill to Boiler
- In addition to automatic refilling of the boiler, the Matrix also has a safety cutout to prevent machine damage.
- Single and Double spout portafilter w/ wood handles
- 1-cup & 2-cup filter baskets
- Blind filter basket
- Plastic tamper
- Plastic scoop
- Grouphead cleaning brush
- Reservoir plug
- 1.5-meter stainless steel braided hose
- Instruction manual.